Re: further along running gnopernicus; progress and problems

Thanks for the tip; I'd been using control backspace instead of
alt+control+backspace.
Your comment about not turning the computer off often is well-taken, except if
you can't get the keyboard to do anything you don't have a lot of choice!!!
What's this about turning festival on before you go into X? I didn't see
anything saying i had to do this. Once I've typed festival, how to I get startx
to work in the same console? If I just type startx won't festival just be seeing
this as something that doesn't make sense instead of a command to start X?

Cheryl