Re: still have java problem in installing gnome-speech

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Hi, Cheryl. This is a vary common problem with gnome-speech. The only and
> best solution is to modify your configure script or makefiles not to build
> the java componits.
> If someone has a suggestion how to get the java componits working
> correctly I
> don't know it yet.

In addition to executing the j2sdk binary package you must also
add its 'bin' directory to your command path.
Here is how I did it, in my /etc/profile configuration:

export
PATH="$PATH:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/bin:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/jre/bin"

(sorry for the word wrap there)

Please note that you may not have installed j2sdk where I did, so
modify that statement accordingly. Please note also that I added
two bin directories, one in the j2sdk package and another in one
of its subdirectories, jre, just for insurance. Not at all sure
it was necessary for both to be there, but hey, it didn't hurt!

Chuck