Re: gnopernicus and festival are working for me

Hi John:

I don't think there are any docs on writing gnopernicus braille drivers
(yet), perhaps someone from BAUM will correct me.

If you or someone else decide to try and connect brltty to gnopernicus,
we might want to consider the end goal of creating something like
"gnome-braille" which apps including but not limited to gnopernicus can
use.  The main question I suppose is whether this should be a Bonobo
service (i.e. a shared service running out-of-process, which could be
shared by multiple clients which might not be running on the local
machine), an in-process library, or something sockets-or-stream-based.

The "bonobo" approach is more "GNOME-like" if the necessary bandwidth is
moderate enough that latency would not be a problem.

I would be happy to give pointers/assistance in this regard, but I think
the gnopernicus team would be the main "interested party".  Since they
are working very hard on features and stabilization at the moment, I
don't think they will necessarily have time to do anything in this area
in the short term.  But even if an interface to brltty is in-process in
the short term, we might consider what the best "long term" approach
would be.

best regards,

-Bill