out of ideas

To the best of my knowledge I have installed everything related
to gnome2 and gnopernicus with the festival tts package and am
not able to get speech output when executing gnome.

I am out of ideas. Without the speech system I cannot access the
gnome screens because I am blind, but I have done my best to
confirm that it is working by examining log messages and
execution reports and by testing the X server with other window
managers that have implemented audio startup and exit selections.
And of course the festival package works as advertised.

The only unsolved problems relate to the gnopernicus package,
where several troubling messages from autogen appeared. However
the configuration completed and the compilation and installation
also completed. I posted those messages here but have had no
comment on them, so I assume they are not relevant to the failure
of access I am experiencing.

Maybe I will stay tuned and see if something occurs to me, or
maybe I will check in again in another six months. Thanks for
your efforts, sorry I have not been able to make them pay off for
me here.

Chuck

So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck