gnome-speech with java solved, next problem

It turns out that gnome-speech requires that the java sdk be
installed, not just the java runtime environment. I now have
gnome-speech compiled and installed, but encountered a compile
error while compiling gnopernicus. These are the critical error
lines I believe:

cmdmapui.c: In function `prop_set_handlers':
cmdmapui.c:707: parse error before `return'
make[3]: *** [cmdmapui.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnopernicus/gnopi'

Can anyone please shed some light on this latest problem? Thanks.

Chuck

BTW -- the need for j2sdk instead of j2re was clear from earlier
messages on the subject, which I must have read hastily.

So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck