Re: interested operator, maybe test

Bryan,

This is great! The GOK (Gnome On-screen Keyboard) project is looking for testers. We are doing testing in house (Toronto, Canada), and are looking at setting up a test room in the Bay area (California). Are you close to either of these locations? In any event we are looking for feedback from anyone.
Do you use Opera for the visual flexibility it has?

cheers,

David Bolter
GOK Project Technical Lead
University of Toronto - Adaptive Technology Resource Centre

Bryan Campbell wrote:

Hi! I'm a person with a physical disability who types & runs computers, for
24 years, with a headwand now on a standard Windows style keyboard.
Cerebral Palsy means I'm pretty unsteady, typing an incorrect key more
often than most folks so typing 2 key commands is not bad for less used
commands, yet those using 3 keys are hopefully rare or its leads to much
retyping. Luckily Opera  Software's http://www.opera.com compact and fast
browser has extensive 1 keystroke commands making the Web easy to use. For
6 years I have run and beta tested for Opera giving me a fair idea of how
to get to smooth software!

Also in moving to DOS in 1987 I began using macro programs to combine
commands into 1 or
2 keystrokes depending on how frequently a set of commands is used. Placing
my own macros on a keyboard has lead to development of a sense to put
commands in easy reach without crowding. Windows is not the most hospitable
place for 3rd party browsers so I wish to help you folks with the terrific
work you are doing in a way that suits you so gnome has great usability for
everyone. After 5 years running Windows 95 I'm ready to learn Linux, and
put it on my 2nd computer if u think GAP needs a live tester yet [grin]

Regards,
Bryan Campbell

--> "It has been said the pebbles can't stop the avalanche, guess the
pebbles didn't have access to the Web!"