Re: Icon love

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 04:19:48PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Generally icons should be themeable...

> icons that have transparent backgrounds - one solution is to theme the icons which
> solves the problem for dark backgrounds...

It is only a solution for stock icons.  If an app adds a new icon it
is not feasible for a theme designer to anticipate and provide
reverse video versions of every potential icon.  I've proposed that
for 2.1 we add a monochrome flag to icons, and a dark flag to
themes.  Then we can auto invert the colours as necessary.  This
won't solve all issues, but it should help.