Re: Gnopernicus

Hi Bill,

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 12:02, Bill Haneman wrote:
> We had lots of trouble actually tracking down cards/drivers that would
> work, when we last tried to do this... we were unsuccessful in obtaining
> cards that were "known to work"; maybe you have better information?

	My friend Simon has a very pretty setup at home with a commodity card I
believe; Simon - what hardware are you running for multi-head / Xinerama
?

>   At
> any rate I wasn't directly involved so I don't have better info on the
> issues we (Sun folks) found.  But I believe we were looking at
> "multi-card" setups and not "multi-head cards".  This sounds like a good
> solution if the cards are readily available as you say.

	I think multi-card is pretty much doomed to failure, what with the
prevelance of the (point to point) AGP bus; but there are an increasing
number of dual output single cards out there. And I believe some triple
output ones [ better for gaming not to have the cross-hair split between
screens I think ;-].

	HTH,

		Michael.