Re: C implementation of DOM

Hi Bill,

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 13:00, Bill Haneman wrote:
> There were gnome-ish DOM projects, gdom and gdom2, but we were
> discouraged from introducing any dependency on them into ATK

	I can understand that 100% - that would make no sense to me either.

> and at any rate they don't seem to have ABI/API backing outside of GNOME.

	What we can do is to hook any support up at a higher level - perhaps
at-spi or libgail-gnome if necessary. Also, libxml has some level of
CORBA support [ at least at last check ], so we could provide a CORBA
wrapping for the tree manipulation API I think, I don't know how that
would work for gdome2 - I havn't looked at the spec wrt. signals /
callbacks.

	Regards,

		Michael.