Re: [Usability] Re: Keyboard navigation- outstanding issues

Hi!

> > 'not allowed'. (Perhaps should be 'tab characters allowed' for
> > multiline fields?)
> >                                              This way, Tab navigation
> > works everywhere except for multiline text fields, which occur
> > comparatively rarely in comparison to single line fields.  (And where
> > they do, you often don't have to tab out of them anyway, if at all--
> > e.g. email composer window, word processor).
>
> Usually, yes. A word processor or text editor is an example of an app
> where there's no other controls to navigate to, so the Tab key can
> insert tab characters in the document itself. In an e-mail composition
> window, where tabs aren't useful (use of them would cause `tab damage'
> on the recipient's end), Tab and Shift+Tab would cycle between the body
> field and the address and subject fields.

If I want to write my name ("Pavel") at the end of mail, I *need*
tab. Don't expect me to hold spacebar for half a minute.
								Pavel
--
I'm pavel ucw cz  "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org