KEYNAV:GtkMenu, GtkMenuItem ... (bug 53544)

I am assuming that we will implement the change that F10 will popup the first
menu in the menu bar but leave the focus in the menu bar.

I am trying to understand what should happen with mnemonic keys in this
situation.

Focus in menu bar
Should the mnemonics for the menu items in the currently displayed menu work?
Should the mnemonics for items in the menu bar work? Should these be entered by
Alt+key?

Focus in menu
I assume that entering the mnemonic character for any menu item should activate
the menu item.
Should mnemonics for menu items in previous menus or menu bar work?

Padraig