Re: ATk, Java and Change Notifications

>The Java class AccessibleContext has a number of constants which are used to
>indicate that something has changed. This note identifies those constants
>and states how they are currently implemented, if at all, in ATK.
>
>There is currently no implementation in ATK for the following:
>
>ACCESSIBLE_ACTION_PROPERTY
>ACCESSIBLE_ACTIVE_DESCENDANT_PROPERTY
>ACCESSIBLE_SELECTION_PROPERTY
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_CAPTION_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_COLUMN_DESCRIPTION_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_COLUMN_HEADER_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_MODEL_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_ROW_DESCRIPTION_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_ROW_HEADER_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_TABLE_SUMMARY_CHANGED
>ACCESSIBLE_VALUE_PROPERTY
>ACCESSIBLE_VISIBLE_DATA_PROPERTY

In those cases where we don't yet have proposals for ATK (below), I suggest that
we look into whether we should add corresponding properties to the appropriate
ATK object.

We have the limitation that GObject interfaces cannot have properties associuated
with them (thought they can have signals).  We would have the choice of using
notification signals, on for instance AtkTable, or we could add the TABLE
properties to AtkObject (as TEXT properties are already present on AtkObject,
though they conceptually belong to AtkText implementors and are only implemented
on AtkObjects that implement AtkText).

My opinion is that we should expose a SELECTION property, I am not sure about
ACTION and ACTIVE_DESCENDANT.  The TABLE property changes, though I am not sure
how often they will occur in applications, should probably be supported somehow.

I thought we had a VALUE property?  If not, we should, I think.

-Bill