Accessible Name

The ATK Widget implementation proposal at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/tech-docs/GTK-impl.html
contains proposal for Accessible Name.

For instance for GtkItem we have

If child widget is a label, the accessible name is considered to be the text of
this label. Otherwise, the GtkItem widget is considered nameless.

I would like to make sure we are as one on what this means.

What effect will atk_object_set_name() have for a GailItem?

Will it set the accessible name whoich then be returned by
atk_object_get_name()?

Does the description above describe what will happen if atk_object_set_name()
has not been called?

Padraig