Re: New interface: AtkStreamableContent

Peter Korn wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I think this is an excellent idea - having a clean, formal interface to get at
> underlying the content used for various pieces of the user-interface.

Hi Peter:

Good to hear that you think it's useful.

[...]

>  My only real concern is the
> semantics of interacting with this interface.  Should we have a simple stream
> interface?

I think that if we return something generic (similar to Java's
InputStream) then we can leave it to the implementation as to whether
rewind(), etc., are supported on the back end.  Then the caller is
responsible for behaving appropriately and not assuming that all
streams are rewindable, etc., the AT can buffer is the source cannot,
etc.  My thought is, allow the object to implement as much as it
wants, but require only a minimum.

> How do we define multiple
> different mime types available for the data?

I figure that the get_mime_type method might return multiple mimetypes
(probably as an array of strings).  The only question is one of the
exact method signature.

> Regards,
>
> Peter Korn
> Sun Accessibility team