Re: Proposed ATK Role additions

Marc Mulcahy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Based on my GTK Widgets and Gnomeui documents, I came up with the attached
> list of roles which appear to be missing from ATK.  Comments please.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc

I have some comments on some of the roles (below) - otherwise I agree
with Marc's suggestions.  I also think we should add ATK_DATE_EDITOR
(parallels a role identified by Frank Beier of Oracle when working
with the Java API, I think - even if we don't have a GnomeDateEditor
yet).

Regards,

Bill

-----

GtkAccelLabel; I think ATK_ROLE_ACCEL_LABEL might be better,
to preserve some semantics (rather than just ATK_ROLE_LABEL).
Generally this is a second label on a button or menuitem, right?

GtkArrow; ATK_ROLE_ARROW; I think I agree with Peter that the semantic
info is helpful.

GtkTearOffMenuItem; ATK_ROLE_MENU_ITEM; Isn't this for the "tearoff
bar" in a menu?  If so, I think we should use a different role since
it has a special meaning.

GtkDrawingArea; ATK_ROLE_UNKNOWN; I would think ATK_ROLE_DRAWING_AREA
(or ATK_ROLE_CANVAS) would be OK here.

Bill Haneman
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland