Re: States in GailLabel

Peter Korn wrote:

> Hi Brian,

> > Is there a use-case where knowing if a label has state SINGLE_LINE
> > or MULTI_LINE is actually useful?
>
> There is no way to navigate vertically through a single-line text widget.
> Also, depending upon implementation, TAB may not work on multi-line edit fields
> (though I would class this as a bug).  And in my experience, many blind users
> really like knowing about these kinds of differences...  But better to hear
> that from the customers directly - anyone care to state a preference?
>
> Peter Korn
> Sun Accessibility team

On reflection, since our labels implement AtkText, I think this
probably would be useful, since it would be better to know in advance
whether there are multiple lines rather than attempt multiline
navigation and get "fail" type of result.

Brian, what is the behavior of the Gail AtkText implementors if one
attempts to navigate past the end of the text buffer?

-Bill

Bill Haneman
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland