Re: Stock items - toolbar label vs. menu label

Hi Colm,

> I agree that being able to tab into and through an app's toolbar is
> important, but for long toolbars it could increase the effort needed
> to get to, say, the first input widget if that's what you normally
> want to get to.
>
> Maybe the toolbar's buttons should be logically after the main elements in
> a dialog (in terms of tab order) and we need a shortcut key to move
> the focus to the first toolbar button (with <space> to activate, as usual)?

If Tab takes you to the toolbar, and the second tab takes out out of the
toolbar, then no matter how long the toolbar is, you only incur one addition to
the tab order.  Once in the toolbar, use the arrow keys to move through
them...  Another option is that Ctrl-Tab takes out out of the toolbar, wherever
you are in it (the "escape up a level Tab").

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team