Re: Border text

> Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> >
> > A GtkFrame can have a label which contains some text. We currently do not
have a
> > way of reporting that text through the ATK API.
> >
> > In Java, the text can be obtained using method getTitleBorderText() in the
> > AccessibleExtendedComponent interface.
> >
> > Our options seem to be to add a new interface to obtain the text or use
> > atk_object_get_name() to get the text from the label, if it exists.
> >
> > Should I assume that we will got for the second option?
>
> Might this be a bit of a kludge?
>
> We should probably look at the AccessibleExtendedComponent interface
> closely and see what parts of it, if any, we forgot to add to
> AtkComponent. ( If Owen doesn't object too strenuously to adding
> methods to the interface now ;-)

The other methods in AccessibleExtendedComponent are
getAccessibleKeyBinding() and getToolTipText().

Our approach to key bindings seems to be different in that we return the key
binding associated with an action whereas in Java AbstractButton and JLabel
support the AccessibleKeyBinding interface.

For tooltips, we currently return the tooltip with atk_object_get_description()
if atk_object_set_description() has not been called for the object.