Re: Object referencing in ATK

>This is my current thoughts on this subject. I would apprciate any
feedback you
>can offer.

>It seems that we need some way of indicating that the ATK object is
unsafe.

I prefer the idea of an ATK_STATE_DESTROYED state.  I believe that we
should check this state in the internal implementation rather than just
checking the "widget" member of GtkAccessible.  This also would provide
external clients of the ATK interfaces with a way to confirm the state
of an AtkObject before using it.

It would be nice if clients didn't have to ref/unref the result of
get_accessible() when re-using it but, this being C, I can't think of
one.

Regards,

Bill

------