[g-a-devel] Radio Button Tabs for Gnome [All]

I have, over time, accumuted programs that I use.  This collection has resulted in nine(9) radio buttons on the right side of the desktop display.

What I believe is a major improvement is to replace the radio buttons with a (xxx) tab where xxx represents the first three letters of the icon name for that page.
In my case my inital tab would be (add), The next tab would be (ecl), for the third (Jav)  etc.
I am tired of doing binary searches to find one program from my 210 installed application/programs. The tabs would substantially reduce my search to one single mouse-click.

Does anyone have reasons why this is impossble or not a desireable improvement?

Regards

 Leslie
Leslie Satenstein
Montréal Québec, Canada