Re: [g-a-devel] HTML5 inert subtrees

Hi. Possibly they word it this way to have some room for use cases
other than dialog element. Also AFAIK inert subtree don't have
implementations yet so the wording is not really final. In either case
I agree the spec sounds a bit controversial stating that no user
interaction events but same time says about optional support of text
selection which may involve user interactions. An important part of
that is I think the inert subtree is not operable for the user but
perceivable. So for example if you get a modal dialog popup up while
you played some audio then the audio may continue to play.

Probably the spec should be clarified before a11y mapping is made but
possibly a11y mapping can be flexible.

Please take your time, I bet nobody is in hurry and thank you for feedback.
Alexander.