Re: [g-a-devel] What framework to use to develop desktop application with accessibility on linux?

Taksan <taksantong yahoo com> wrote:

> my attempts so far:
>
> I tried QT version 5. Accessibility ok in windows, but on linux it does not
> work.... it even makes ORCA crash. Which is sad because QT looks very
> interesting.

People have had success with QT 4.8 applications under Orca. If QT 5 doesn't
work for you, I would suggest taking it to the KDE accessibility list or the
Orca list, as it should be reliable.
> Then I tried java swing. Accessibility works nice and easy on
> Windows and Mac, but on linux I got stuck trying to compile ATK or the java
> access bridge, I even tried installing the binaries but still Accessibility
> of a java swing window just does not work for me on linux.... will try a
> little more.

What you need is the Java ATK wrapper, which should be packaged for any recent
distribution. The Git repository is git://git.gnome.org/java-atk-wrapper Other
people have had this working reliably, so I suspect there is something amiss
with your installation or versions of the various components.

Be sure that you're running Gnome and Orca 3.6.x as a starting point.