Re: [g-a-devel] About the signal "text-update"

On 2013-08-13 13:31, Piñeiro wrote:

But for example, AFAIK, one of the things that Orca does is expose the text removed when the user press backspace. I see that easily supported
with 'text-remove'. How that could be supported with 'text-updated'?
Joanmarie, any idea?

I assume that the "updated" signal would still be emitted and that from
the mysterious/undocumented event details I would be able to discern what
was removed and that what was removed was replaced by nothing. ;)

But of course we need documentation.

Well, I thought that was the opposite. First atk+at-spi give the
support, implementors use them, and at last AT can start to use it ;) In any case, I prefer to talk first about the meaning and use case of that
signal before going to how the AT could use it.

As the presumed primary consumer of the mystery args, explicit +1. :)

Confusedly yours,
--joanie