Re: [g-a-devel] RFC: AtkText simplification (take 3)

6. In atspi2-atk bridge, check which version of ATK a specific
application is implementing (using atk_get_version()) when
implementing this new atk_text_get_text_for_offset(), so we know
whether we can call atk_text_get_text_for_offset() or we need to use
the old atk_text_get_text_at_offset() and a *_START boundary instead
(for implementors of older versions of ATK).

afaik atk_get_version() only tells you what version of libatk-1.0.so you
are talking to not what version of the atk headers an application was
compiled against.  So I believe that would cause breakage when people
compile applications against atk pre this change and then run that
application with a newer libatk-1.0.so.

Trev

7. Update documentation :)

We believe that this is the best approach in the way that it allows a
clean transition and a less confusing API.

Feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
Mario