[g-a-devel] firefox and thunderbird accessiblity

Hello list,

I know this is the gnome accessibility list. i have a question about the accessibility of firefox and thunderbird. under Gnome these are very accessible. But I've managed to get SFCE 4.10 to be very accessible and the two programs that are giving me trouble are firefox and thunderbird. When I open either one of these Orca stops working and can't read anything within these apps. But when I close them then Orca continues to work. The menu of XFCE is accessible and most of the apps within the menu are accessible to Orca but I can't figure out what is stopping firefox and thunderbird from being accessible. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm running xubuntu 12.10 and when I installed the Gnome desktop and logged into gnome firefox and thunderbird worked with Orca. Then I logged out and back into XFCE and both were inaccessible again. I think I'm missing something from starting up at boot but I'm not sure what it could be thanks for your time and help.