Re: [g-a-devel] At-spi2-atk performance tests

Hi everybody!

Today, the results using the script.

Download them from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WAFBTG1F

 Note: once more, in the sysprof "acc. enable + script" case, I've added
the script cpu time in both cases.

Results are a bit peculiar too, but not so much.

- On the sysprof case:

     - Nautilus: we have an improvement on "acc. disable" case, but this
is not we are searching for. Otherwise, we have the same results.
     - Rhythmbox: we have a much greater improvement now. So, we have
the expected results.

- On the valgrind case:

     - Nautilus: just like the previous tests.
     - Rhythmbox: similar to the previous tests, but with better
results. We are nearly the expected results, but (like in the previous
tests) with similar values between the subcases. So, Orca is not all the
problem, but it's part of the problem.

So, I can practically say that with this commit you have achieved a
significant performance improvement.

Ok, that's all until Joanmarie can send me an accerciser parameters list.

Thank you all for your comments! ;-)

Best regards,

                         Alejo.

- no title specified

At-spi2-atk Performance Report

At-spi2-atk performance before/after commit with id d0f7dd49eebedc8c3993a116411f5a8320965968

Note:

Nautilus was ran over /usr/bin (about 3000 items).

Rhythmbox was ran over a big library (about 2000 items).

Sysprof

Nautilus

% CPU

Acc. Disable

Acc. Enable

Acc. Enable + Script

Diff. AE-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AE (%)

Before

87.48

87.92

86.35

0.44

-1.13

-1.57

After

81.81

87.36

86.42

5.55

4.61

-0.94

Master

85.05

88.90

85.05

3.85

0.00

-3.85

Diff. A-B

-5.67

-0.56

0.07

Diff. M-A

3.24

1.54

-1.37

Diff. M-B

-2.43

0.98

-1.30

Rhythmbox

% CPU

Acc. Disable

Acc. Enable

Acc. Enable + Script

Diff. AE-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AE (%)

Before

44.00

55.95

63.14

11.95

19.14

7.19

After

40.27

44.96

58.65

4.69

18.38

18.18

Master

39.13

46.59

60.31

7.46

21.18

12.06

Diff. A-B

-3.73

-10.99

-4.49

Diff. M-A

-1.14

1.63

1.66

Diff. M-B

-4.87

-9.36

-2.83

Valgrind

Nautilus

B Mem

Acc. Disable

Acc. Enable

Acc. Enable + Script

Diff. AE-AD (B)

Diff. AE-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AD (B)

Diff. AES-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AE (B)

Diff. AES-AE (%)

Before

85,779,756

234,442,683

265,614,160

148,662,927

173.31

179,834,404

209.65

31,171,477

11.74

After

75,744,142

181,646,078

246,900,354

105,901,936

139.82

171,156,212

225.97

65,254,276

26.43

Master

76,272,842

172,555,406

251,119,804

96,282,564

126.23

174,846,962

229.24

78,564,398

31.29

Diff. A-B (B)

-10,035,614

-52,796,605

-18,713,806

-42,760,991

-33.49

-8,678,192

16.32

34,082,799

14.69

Diff. A-B (%)

-11.70

-22.52

-7.05

Diff. M-A (B)

528,700

-9,090,672

4,219,450

Diff. M-A (%)

0.70

-5.00

1.71

Diff. M-B (B)

-9,506,914

-61,887,277

-14,494,356

Diff. M-B (%)

-11.08

-26.40

-5.46

Rhythmbox

B Mem

Acc. Disable

Acc. Enable

Acc. Enable + Script

Diff. AE-AD (B)

Diff. AE-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AD (B)

Diff. AES-AD (%)

Diff. AES-AE (B)

Diff. AES-AE (%)

Before

133,875,643

135,923,097

144,279,613

2,047,454

1.53

10,403,970

7.77

8,356,516

5.79

After

128,812,802

131,836,308

138,575,535

3,023,506

2.35

9,762,733

7.58

6,739,227

4.86

Master

133,110,880

133,027,755

143,658,667

-83,125

-0.06

10,547,787

7.92

10,630,912

7.40

Diff. A-B (B)

-5,062,841

-4,086,789

-5,704,078

Diff. A-B (%)

-3.78

-3.01

-3.95

Diff. M-A (B)

4,298,078

1,191,447

5,083,132

Diff. M-A (%)

3.34

0.90

3.67

Diff. M-B (B)

-764,763

-2,895,342

-620,946

Diff. M-B (%)

-0.57

-2.13

-0.43

- Explanation:

The previous data are organized by tool/app/commit-time/accessibility.

Sysprof data are expressed in percentage of CPU time.

  Rows:

    Results before the commit.

    Results after the commit.

    Results over the master branch.

    Differences between the previous rows.

  Columns:

    Results wit accessibility disable.

    Results wit accessibility enable.

    Results wit accessibility enable and Script running (note: in this case, results are the sum of app and the script times).

    Differences between the previous columns.

Valgrind data are expressed in bytes of consumed memory.

  Rows:

  The same as sysprof.

  Colums:

    Results wit accessibility disable.

    Results wit accessibility enable.

    Results wit accessibility enable and Script running.

    Differences between the previous columns.

    The same, but expressed in percentage (like 2nd - 1st / 1st).