Re: [g-a-devel] pyatspi Registry does not refresh in gnome 3

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 03:31:03PM +0530, Nischal Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the pyatspi2 in Gnome 3 for an application and found an
> issue in at-spi2 that doesn't seem to exist in at-spi.
> I noticed that the state of a node in the at-spi tree is not refreshed when its
> state changes. Is there some kind of caching going on?

yes, at-spi2 caches.

> Is there a way to refresh the at-spi2 registry?

The accessible object should really be fireing a state-changed event,
which I would expect would cause the cache to be updated.  There's been
talk of and perhaps is plans for a method in pyatspi to at-spi2 to flush
its cache, but imhoo that is *really* not the path you want to take,
since its pretty clear there's a bug in at-spi2 or the application, and
that should just be fixed.

Trev