Re: [g-a-devel] Question about menus, icons, and labels.

From: Luke Yelavich <themuso ubuntu com>

> All is fine with labeling the indicators that are only icons, i.e I am able to call gtk_widget_get_accessible to get the atk object associated with that menu, and set a name for it. However, this doesn't appear to work for the me indicator. Even when the atk object for that menu has a different name set, Orca seems to read the label.

Well, the specific implementation of the atk object can override the
method get_name, and return the name of the label always. Anyway, that
shouldn't be the case. In most of the ->get_name reimplementation, it
first check if there are already a name, and if not, provides the
default source (label, widget name, whatever).

Could you identify somehow which is the atk implementor for this
object?

> One way to reproduce this is to open accerciser, navigate to the applications menu on the panel, and using the console, set a different name for the menu, like so:
>
> acc._set_name("Menu")
>
> You will notice that whilst the name on the left changes, the information about the object's name on the right does not change.
>
> So my question. is it possible to adjust the atk object to convey different textual information to the user via orca compared to what is shown visually in a menu label?

IMHO, this should be done on the ATK level. One of the purposes of
atk_object_set_name is allow the application to set a name for an
object if required.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)