Re: [g-a-devel] Coming to grips with the state of a11y in gtk

From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:
>
>> 1 of 4 is failing. Could you elaborate why this theorical points have
>> "failed miserably"?
>
> In my view, keeping the a11y implementation in their separate module
> ghetto is a failure in terms of maintenance, performance, and
> robustness. We just don't have a marvellously working accessible
> desktop...

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Anyway, just in case, Im not arguing in order to maintain the current
status quo.

I also think that having the accessibility support as a isolated
loadable plugin has more drawbacks that advantages, and on a ideal
world it would be on gtk itself since the beginning, and that was a
good thing for clutter.

Just stating that just make the movement could mean a considerable
effort. And as the main reason of lacking the marvellously working
accessible desktop was the lack of a constant workforce, just guessing
where we should put the effort.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)