Re: [g-a-devel] The atk bridge, and a location to place the atk-bridge shared object.

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.11.2010, 16:50 +1100 schrieb Luke Yelavich:
> Since we now have more than one toolkit other than GTK making use of
> atk for accessibility, I think its time we revisit the discussion
> about a location for the atk bridge shared object, i.e other than the
> GTK module directory. From skimming through the mail from this list,
> this was previously discussed, without a concensus reached. Perhaps if
> a proposal is offered, it could then be improved upon/discussed
> further, to help reacha concensus much sooner, and thereby be
> implemented ASAP.

I haven't followed this with much attention, but that other toolkit,
does it use GTK+'s module interface to load the so?

My recommendation would be to split up the so into a shared libraries
and one loadable module per toolkit (which would then, be placed into
the module folders of the corresponding toolkits).

As long as the at-spi so exports GTK+'s module interface it seems to
make sense to keep it in GTK+'s module folder, doesn't it?

Just think of all the side effects that you had by patching GTK+ to load
at-spi from a different folder.

Regards,
  Sven

PS: What is the second toolkit you're talking about? If that one uses
GTK+'s module API to load at-spi, maybe it makes sense to have that
toolkit install a symlink from its module folder to the location GTK+'s
at-spi module would be placed at (or install that symlink when at-spi is
installed)?