Re: [g-a-devel] Avoid Cally as a isolated module

From: Li Yuan <Li Yuan Sun COM>

> Just one suggestion. Ideally we should implement the accessibility
> object in the file where its GUI object lies (like GtkIconView). This
> means you can use the internal functions/variables of that GUI
> object. Sometimes this is very useful.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, I have already thought that, mainly
after my experience with gtk/hildon-calendar, where mainly all the
cell data position is private.

Anyway, as with GAIL, some Cally classes include some virtual methods
and so on, so I would like to at least have the basic structure in
Cally, as a different librry, so any clutter-based-toolkit would
extend that, and in the same way don't require to modify clutter
headers in order to include the cally classes definition.

But, of course, it would be good to just implement the a11y support
directly in clutter objects if possible (and this is other reason why
gtk_widget_get_accessible equivalent is required).

Anyway, with this answer I suppose that you didn't find any other
technical reason to avoid to use Cally in this way. Right?