Re: [g-a-devel] An at-spi/gnome development how to question

Killing at-spi-registryd process will normally unfreeze the Gnome session.

Padraig

On 01/20/09 15:41, Quiring, Sam wrote:
Greetings,

If Gnome locks up, but I have an SSH (PuTTY) window open to my workstation and it is still responding, what commands should I issue to kill Gnome and restart it?

Our at-spi applications are under development and we occasionally do something wrong which causes the Gnome desktop on our Ubuntu to lock up.  We are not Linux/Ubuntu (or Gnome) experts, so to date we've just powered the workstation (WMware Workstation) off and on and reboot Ubuntu and Gnome.  One problem with this is it takes a while.

It appears to us that just Gnome is locked up, not Ubuntu.  So we're looking for a shortcut: just restart Gnome.

Thanks.

-Sam

PS: is there any way to discover why Gnome/at-spi has stopped responding?