Re: [g-a-devel] ATK - Signal indicating new AtkObject creation.

Hi Mark,

I am thinking do similar thing for tree view to solve many cache bugs..., but not transfer all of them to AT :)

Mark Doffman wrote:
Hello everyone,

Currently the AT-SPI and ATK system has a 'lazy' system for creating new
accessible objects.

What we have been doing with AT-SPI D-Bus doesn't fit well with this
system. The idea was that an application would 'publish' its
accessibility information to the ATs, by pushing an entire tree of
accessible objects at application start-up.

This was a design decision for speed purposes. D-Bus is slower than
orbit per-call and ATs spend a-lot of time traversing the accessibility
tree at application start-up.
How much time can we save normally?

Like Will said, Orca only interested in some areas on screen. So in 'publish' way, we save some time from lower the frequency of IPC calls and spend more time on transfer the data (only visible). We need to balance them carefully.

Regards,
Li