Re: [g-a-devel] SPI_COORD_TYPE_WINDOW

Hi Sam,

Is the window you are getting extents from out of the toplevel window? Basically GAIL get these values from gdk by gdk_window_get_frame_extents.

Li

Quiring, Sam wrote:
Greetings,
When I call AccessibleComponent_getExtents with SPI_COORD_TYPE_WINDOW, some of the windows return a negative x and y coordinate, typically (x, y) = (-5, -24). I'm comparing these values to what I get back from XGetWindowAttributes() for the same window. X returns (5, 24). When the x and y coordinates are negative, the accessible width is 10 more than X's width and the accessible's height is 29 more than X's height. I retrieved the _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS of the X window and I get these values: left: 5
right: 5
top: 5
bottom: 24
Subtracting X's (left + right) from the accessible width yields the X windows's width. Subtracting (top + bottom) from the accessible height yields the X window's height. For all the windows I've tested so far (a total of 5), I get this relationship: If the accessible (x, y) coordinates are positive, then the (x,y) and (width, height) of the accessible window will match the corresponding values for the corresponding X window. if the accessible (x, y) coordinates are negative, then make these transformations: new-x = -x
   new-y =  -y
new-width = width - (left + right)
   new-height = height - (top + bottom)
then (new-x, new-y) matches the X window (x, y) and (new-width, new-height) = the X window (width, height). Do these relationships always hold? If so, Is this documented somewhere? Thanks. -Sam