Re: [g-a-devel] ATK_STATE_FOCUSABLE for nonsensitive widgets

Ha...well...this is an area of delight and confusion, I think. There's FOCUSABLE, ENABLED, and SENSITIVE.

If I understand them correctly:

1) SENSITIVE means whether it's grayed or not

2) ENABLED means that if you can interact with it, it will actually do something (versus just being a button you can tab to and press, but it does nothing)

3) FOCUSABLE means it can accept keyboard focus.

As with VISIBLE and SHOWING, these can be very confusing states to understand. In any case, I guess I'd argue that if something is not SENSISTIVE, then it is not FOCUSABLE. That is, unless you can actually tab to it.

Will

Mike Gorse wrote:
Hi all,

Our QA team noticed that, for a non-sensitive button, gail includes ATK_STATE_FOCUSABLE, where UiaAtkBridge currently does not. Gail simply calls GTK_WIDGET_CAN_FOCUS, which checks a flag that is set true for a button when it is being constructed. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this behavior is correct? I'm considering filing a bug but don't really know whether it should even be considered a bug.

Thanks,
-Mike G-