Re: [g-a-devel] GNOME Accessibility presentation - contribution to stock GNOME presentations

Hi there,

Willie Walker wrote:
> I think the idea of stock presentations and demos (something you
> proposed earlier this year) is an awesome idea.

Yup! Me too.

> I need to ramp back up on this stuff soon as well since I will be doing
> a few presentations in the coming months.  I'm more than willing to put
> my stuff under some sort of public repository somewhere.  I'd prefer
> something that makes it really really easy for me to upload docs and
> also really easy obtain them.

Me too. Right now we were using the wiki, but for presentations &
screencasts, that just seems wrong. That slide sharing site and YouTube
or Google Video seem like better fits.

> What do you think about making some sort of gnome-marketing module in
> GNOME svn where we could be somewhat free about uploading and grabbing
> things?

I wouldn't mind myself - I suspect that a significant minority of
participants in the marketing list probably don't have svn commit
access, though.

> PS - We also have some money left over in the GNOME Outreach Program:
> Accessibility budget.  I was thinking about trying to create a task for
> someone to create a bunch of short screencast videos of the assistive
> technologies in action (i.e., here's theming, here's stickykeys, here's
> bouncekeys, here's GOK in dwell mode, here's Dasher, here's MouseTweaks,
> here's Orca, etc.).  What do you think about that?

I think this is a wonderful idea! And an excellent way to get some
non-technical contributions.

Cheers,
Dave.

--