From: gnome-accessibility-devel-bounces gnome org [mailto:gnome-accessibility-devel-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Nagappan A
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:59 PM
To: Quiring, Sam
Cc: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
Subject: Re: [g-a-devel] window:close event - does it work?

Hi Sam,

If its C based code you can try this - report_window_event - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ldtp/ldtp/tree/src/ldtp.c

For python based, you can check here - windowListenerCallback - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ldtp/ldtp/tree/python/ldtplib/ldtprecorder.py

Thanks
Nagappan

2008/11/20 Quiring, Sam <Sam Quiring windriver com>
What does it take to get the window:close event to occur?  I've tried everything I can think of.  Now that I've got Accerciser installed (Thanks Willie Walker) , I set the Event Monitor to watch for only the window->close event, but I can't get it to happen no matter how I make windows go away.

I am experimenting with the "Keyboard Shortcuts" dialog (in gnome-terminal click Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts...).  The dialog has a "Close" push-button.  When I click the "Close" button, Accerciser's event monitor does not report a window:close event.  If I add window:create to the monitor, the event monitor sees that event when the dialog comes up.  So the dialog definitely qualifies as a window.

I do get window:activate and window:deactivate events for the "Keyboard Shortcuts" dialog.