Re: [g-a-devel] startup of a11y tools

On 3 May 2008, at 01:08, Matthias Clasen wrote:

- What is the benefit of the somewhat forced categorization into
'visual' and 'mobility' ? How is orca a 'visual' tool ? I always
thought it was a screen reader...

The categorisation is presumably by the type of disability that they assist with...

Imo an approach like the one taken by Jon McCann in the new gdm a11y
dialog (see  http://live.gnome.org/GDM/Screenshots ) is much more
straightforward and we should look at doing something similar inside
the session.

Personally I find that rather on the wordy side-- hard enough to pick out the setting you want even if you don't have visual or perceptual problems. (And it's not even a complete list, wrt available AccessX settings, at least.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team