Re: [g-a-devel] [orca-list] PolicyKit

>is for things like screen readers to always auto-announce changes in any single static field that is marked as "self-updating" (or whatever we call it).  In windows/dialogs with lots of fields so marked, the logic might be to wait >after the first update occurs in such a field to see if others likewise update,

This sounds worth at least testing out to see it improves things, or becomes too chatty, etc.  Even if the screen reader doesn't respond to the state directly, it could be a huge win for custom scripts which, having more knowledge of the local app, can use the new state more wisely.

Just my two cents...
-- Rich