Re: [g-a-devel] Interesting open source, low-cost eye tracking system

On 25/01/2008, Peter Korn <Peter Korn sun com> wrote:
> A colleague of mine sent me this pointer to a blog posting from Make
> Magazine about "OpenEyes", an inexpensive hacked-together open source

There's also OpenGazer which uses a webcam
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/opengazer/

I recently had a discussion with Gary Bishop about head tracker
projects of which he has tried most of the following and found them
all to be wanting in some way.

* http://live.gnome.org/CamTrack
* http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Headtracker
* http://ss12.info/projects.php said they got one working with a
forehead dot but there's still no info on the website.
* http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/headpointer (perhaps not FOSS ?)
* http://procrastineering.blogspot.com/2007/12/head-tracking-for-desktop-vr-displays.html
and possibly
* freetrack (windows, wear loads of leds, freeware)

Plus there's Johnny Lee Chung's Wii based tracker
* http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/