Re: [g-a-devel] Slider: Text has weird chars

How did you get the text? Through text interface? If so maybe it comes from Pango... Which application you are testing? I tried Totem but didn't get the text.

Thanks,
Li

Quiring, Sam wrote:
Greetings,
I'm using Accessibility to examine a horizonal slider (creation code
shown below).  The Accessibility *object has roleName "slider".  The sub
interfaces are: Action, Component, Text, and Value.  On the GUI I moved
the slider to have value 57.4.  When I retrieve the text, it comes back
with 5 characters.  The last 4 characters are "57.4" as expected.  The
first character is a UTF8 three byte sequence whose value is 200e.  What
does this mean and why is it there?  The value 200e looks like a
non-printing character to me.  What is its purpose?
Here is the code that created the slider: static void scale_set_default_values(GtkScale *scale)
{
    gtk_range_set_update_policy(GTK_RANGE(scale),
GTK_UPDATE_CONTINUOUS);
    gtk_scale_set_digits(scale, 1);
    gtk_scale_set_value_pos(scale, GTK_POS_TOP);
    gtk_scale_set_draw_value(scale, TRUE);
}
    GtkObject *adjustment = gtk_adjustment_new(0.0, 0.0, 101.0, 0.1,
1.0, 1.0);
    GtkWidget *gtkHScale = gtk_hscale_new(GTK_ADJUSTMENT(adjustment));
    scale_set_default_values(GTK_SCALE(gtkHScale));

-Sam