Re: [g-a-devel] [orca-list] Sight Village Project

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Peter Korn wrote:

The commercial Duxbury Braille transcript software is the first - and
perhaps only - transcription software that reads ODF.  They support
Grade 2 as well as Grade 1 Braille.  Our own Joanie Diggs was
instrumental in getting that to happen.  See
http://www.duxburysystems.com/  The resulting .brl file can be printed
with the software that comes with any Braille printer.

I wrote the code in the Duxbury Braille Translator to support opening from OpenDocument. I should point out that it is rather rudimentary and not extensively tested, and it is not enabled in the release for that reason. It is included in DBT 10.6 SR1 if I remember correctly, but you would need to set a registry value to enable it (I'll give details off-list to anyone interested). (Improving it may be given greater priority if more people ask for it.)

Nfbtrans could presumably be made to support it as well if someone writes a suitable front end to transform the xml into something that it understands.

-Mike