Re: [g-a-devel] Starting of at-spi-registryd

Yes.

Previously the atk-bridge itself started the registry though
bonobo-activation when querying for the first time for it.

However in order to fix bug #163132, it was needed that the registry
was started by the session startup process and its IOR exposed to all
X clients. So the bonobo-activation mechanism was removed from
atk-bridge and gnome-session implemented the registry startup at the
very begining.

In GNOME tt has been first implemented with code in gnome-session (if
a11y was on, start the registry, set the GTK_MODULES variables).

To implement this in your own session manager you can look at the
current code from
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-session/trunk/gnome-session/gsm-at-startup.c?revision=4380&view=markup
void
gsm_assistive_registry_start (void)
{
     GdkWindow *w = gdk_get_default_root_window ();
     gchar *command;
     guint tid;

     if (!AT_SPI_IOR)
       AT_SPI_IOR = XInternAtom (GDK_DISPLAY (), "AT_SPI_IOR", False);

     command = g_strdup (AT_SPI_REGISTRYD_DIR "/at-spi-registryd");

     gdk_window_set_events (w, GDK_PROPERTY_CHANGE_MASK);
     gsm_exec_command_line_async (command, NULL);
     gdk_window_add_filter (w, gsm_assistive_filter_watch, &tid);
     tid = g_timeout_add_seconds (5, gsm_assistive_filter_timeout, NULL);

     gtk_main ();

     gdk_window_remove_filter (w, gsm_assistive_filter_watch, &tid);

     g_free (command);
}

Hope this helps.

Salu2