Re: [g-a-devel] is-managed, addZoomRegion and createZoomRegion in gnome-mag

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 16:22 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Carlos,All:
>
> gnome-mag was designed so that regions within a magnifier window could
> be set up into which a client could render directly.  That is, not every
> zoom-region is associated with a source display.

Hmm... I think I understand... this call return a ZoomRegion object and
the client can access the ->priv->w member and draw what is wanted in
it?

> Also, a ZoomRegion is an object, thus the usual model is to have
> separate methods to create it and to add it to a magnifier window.

If you think that this usual model is important here, no problems for
me!

BTW, when the createZoomRegion method is called the ZoomRegion is mapped
in the magnifier window. From what you have said, this appear to be a
wrong behavior, isn't is?

The "is-managed" property isn't used during the code. Could it be marked
as deprecated, since from what I understand, when we call addZoomRegion
the ZoomRegion is associated with a source display, making the user of
the interface "is-managed" irrelevant? Or we must make it work like, if
the ZoomRegin is added to a Magnifier and "is-managed" = FALSE, then we
remove the source display association, otherwise the source display
association is established if it's not already done.

This way I think that these three interfaces start to make sense to me,
but maybe there is more then can meet the eyes :-)

Best regards,
Carlos.