[g-a-devel] List sort order accessibility

Hi Drake,

I don't know of an explicit field in atk/AT-SPI for exposing sort
order on a widget such as a tree. However, it seems like the
weakly-typed object attributes feature might work here for someone
wishing to expose that information.  See the following two links:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/atk/AtkObject.html#atk-object-get-attributes
http://www.gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-idl/html/classAccessibility_1_1Accessible.html#a8

What I don't know is if there is some established convention for what
the name should be on the attribute or what enumeration should be used
for the value. What we want to  avoid is a proliferation of synonyms
across applications and toolkits. For instance, "sortorder:ascending",
"sort-order:forward", "order:down", and all possible permutations.

The AT-SPI link above suggest the use of attributes names/values from
already established namespaces such as W3C specs and the Dublin Core.
If others agree that object attributes are the way to go, then
following an established standard is the right thing to do here.

Pete