Re: [g-a-devel] doubt about accessibility framework

Hi Carlos:

Unless the colorblind applet wants to use AT-SPI, it shouldn't need the Accessibility typelib. I just took a cursory glance at the code, and it seems as though loading the Accessibility typelib is not needed.

Unless the person doesn't have AT-SPI support installed in their machine, however, I'm puzzled about what issues they would be having.

Will

Carlos Diógenes wrote:
Hi,

A Debian developer send me a patch against the colorblind applet
implemented in gnome-mag. In the applet I have the following lines:

try:
	ORBit.load_typelib ('Accessibility')
	ORBit.load_typelib ('GNOME_Magnifier')
	import GNOME.Magnifier
	_magnifierAvailable = True
except:
	pass

and the patch modify the following:

-       ORBit.load_typelib ('Accessibility')
+       #we don't seem to need this
+    #ORBit.load_typelib ('Accessibility')

He said that this was preventing him from using the applet properly,
(I don't have any problem in my machine) and since gnome-mag
implements the LoginHelper interface I want to know if this can cause
some problem, since I don't have enough knowledge to say by myself and
the colorblind applet also worked with the patch.

Thanks,
Carlos.