Re: [g-a-devel] Bug 362457 - RFE to enable accessibility in unstable releases of GNOME (libgnome)

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Henrik:

I believe the answer is more along the lines of 'a'.  If a user has not
set the accessibility property, then the default value for odd versions
of GNOME will be to enable accessibility.  If a user has set the
property, then their preference will be used.
Thank you for the explanation. That sounds good.

Note that accessibility friendly distributions such as Ubuntu, however,
probably could choose to just always keep accessibility enabled in the
default schema.

Which would turn accessibility on by default for all users also in stable releases, right? I think we are still a few release cycles with testing away from that possibility. AT-SPI still slows down a system, uses RAM and can invoke bugs in various apps. Many ubuntu users have fairly modest systems, esp. when running a Live CD. So that's probably not going to fly at this point.

Henrik