[g-a-devel] Summer of Code: Simple On-screen Keyboard

I'm writing a on-screen keyboard for Ubuntu as per the spec here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/SOK

I'm writing it in python, using pygtk and drawing the keys of the
keyboard using cairo.

Currently I've wrapped up fakekey with SWIG and am using that to input
text into the currently focused window.  Unfortunately, the keyboard
window focuses when I click on the drawingarea widget that draws the
keys.  Making the thing fairly useless at this point.

If anyone who is familiar with the GOK code reads this, could they
detail how they got round this problem.

thanks
--
Chris Jones