Re: [g-a-devel] systray applets ...

My libegg won't build at the moment, but I expect that any non-trivial
extension of gtk widgets (i.e. anything that's not a simple subclass of
existing gtk widget classes) will have accessibility holes.

As you say, making the tray widgets accessible shouldn't be a huge task;
if anyone is interested in taking up the challenge, please email me
directly.  I'd suggest reading the ATK documentation first, and also the
AT-SPI docs.
If you don't want to build the AT-SPI docs yourself with doxygen, you
can view a draft of the proposed 'next' revision at
http://gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-new-idl/html/html/ (the AT-SPI docs are
somewhat more recently updated and may give some additional insight into
the intent of the ATK interfaces).

Also, see
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/presentations/GUAD3C/making-apps-accessible/start.html
for some information on making custom widgets accessible (the libegg
widgets are for our purposes 'custom widgets' in that they extend gtk+).

Best regards,

Bill