[g-a-devel] Probably found the problem with the Italian synthesis

Hello,

might be around here:

$ echo "Evviva il Perú" | festival --tts --language english
$ echo "Evviva il Perú" | festival --tts --language finnish
SIOD ERROR: damaged env : #<UNKNOWN 12 0xa72b04d8>
$ echo "Evviva il Perú" | festival --tts --language spanish
$ echo "Evviva il Perú" | festival --tts --language italian
LTS_Ruleset italian_downcase: no rule matches:
LTS_Ruleset: # P e r *here* � � #
$

...especially when this comes out of the log of a crashed orca session:

# grep SPEECH debug.out |tail
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Grafica menu'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Up'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Giochi menu'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Up'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Audio & Video menu'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Up'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Accessori menu'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Right'
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Alacarte - Editor di menù'

I'll now try to work on it a bit.

In the meantime, I patched audsp in festival to also report the
currently playing sample in the playing list.  This makes two useful
patches that I should start to extract properly and send around, but my
main priority is still having a long-lasting Italian speech experience.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico debian org>